Sunday July 31st, 10am - 4pm
If you've always wanted to figure out how foundation paper piecing works then now is the time to do it! Once you've mastered one block, the rest makes sense. You will have a choice of floral blocks to work on, and the intention with this workshop is to make one, learn the technique, and turn it into a pretty wall hanging (which you may need to complete at home depending on the pace of your work). Either way, you'll have fun learning something new!
We have updated our workshop/event Terms and Conditions as at 1st May 2022. Please check here before booking as once purchased, tickets are non-refundable.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
We are delighted to be able to welcome you to our refurbished studio! It is accessed from the main shop down a flight of stairs from the shop with alternative access direct to the basement for anyone requiring an entrance without steps. If you do have any accessibility needs or questions, please let us know in the comments when you book.
When attending any class, we will meet you at the shop front door 10mins before the start time. If you are running late and arrive to a closed front door, please go to the side alley (Wilson's Close) to the signposted side entrance and ring the doorbell.
This group is not suitable for complete beginners to sewing as you must be able to fill a bobbin, thread a machine and sew with accurate straight seam allowance. If you are completely new to sewing, we suggest you try our Beginner Sewing Weekend.
However if you have a little machine sewing experience and would like to work on your project with a little extra advice then this one-day workshop will be perfect for you!
This class is suitable for adults only, age 16+.
Please carefully check our Terms & Conditions prior to booking.
- Professional tuition and guidance from Aileen
- Patterns & templates for use in the class
- Use of our studio equipment
- A hot cuppa and lots of encouragement!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:
- One fat quarter for background, and the rest can be made from your scrap stash (our offcuts will also be available to you)!
- You'll also need a piece of calico for backing, approx. 0.5m
- Machine-sewing thread (sew-all polyester thread or quality cotton is recommended)
- Basic sewing kit (bobbins, fabric scissors, tape measure, seam ripper, pins etc.)
- Bring a notebook to jot down measurements, instructions and any future fabric requirements.