Each kit contains:
- Fabric sufficient to make the either sweater or dress option.
- Ribbing tube where specified - some kits use the same fabric for the neckband and cuffs.
- Schmetz Jersey machine-sewing needles
Seraflex thread (& data sheet), which means that you don't need any special stitches or an overlocker to finish.
- Iron-on stay tape for the shoulders
- Printed copy of the Billie pattern, details below.
- Please note that these Billie Kits do not include participation in our Zoom sessions - so you can choose purchase a kit to make in your own time, or to sew as part of our Zoom Make-a-Long (tickets are available here).
Fabrics used in these kits:
Grey Animal Jacquard Jersey, 100% Polyester
On The Grid Loop Back Sweatshirt, 95% Cotton and 5% Spandex
Cream Chalk Stripe Loop Backed Jersey, 95% Cotton and 5% Spandex
Ochre Playful Dots Cotton Jersey , 95% Cotton and 5% Spandex
Dots and Dashes Metallic Print on Rust, 95% Cotton 5% Elastane
Green Wiggle Stripe Fleece Back Jersey, 95% Cotton 5% Elastane
Raspberry Zig Zag Jacquard Jersey, 48% Viscose / 47% Polyester / 5% Elastane
- Lime and Grey Zig Zag Jacquard Jersey, 48% Viscose / 47% Polyester / 5% Elastane
Pink Stripe Brushed Jersey, 85% cotton / 9% polyester / 6% elastane
Green Stripe Brushed Jersey, 85% cotton / 9% polyester / 6% elastane
Grape Heathered Cable Jacquard Knit, 81% Polyester, 16% Viscose, 3% Elastane
Olive Heathered Cable Jacquard Knit, 81% Polyester, 16% Viscose, 3% Elastane
- Ribbing Tube, 95% Cotton 5% Elastane
BILLIE SWEATER/DRESS INFO:
Cool, casual and modern, Billie is an ultra-comfy sweatshirt or sweater dress that you can whip up in an afternoon. It has a relaxed shape, crew neckline and classic trim details. Keep it effortless with cuffed, straight sleeves, or add some drama with on-trend balloon sleeves and deep cuffs.
Choose between top length which sits on the high hip, or mini dress which finishes 10cm (4in) above the knee with gorgeous cutaway pockets. You can dress it up or down, whether you’re wearing Billie for a meeting, dinner date or Sunday on the sofa.
Billie includes Tilly and the Buttons' award-winning beginner-friendly instructions, with colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginner
SIZE RANGE - UK 6-24 (US 2-20 / EUR 34-52)
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Sweatshirt fleece, French terry, ponte, double knit, interlock or sweater knit with at least 10% stretch. N.B. You’ll need a sturdy machine to sew the balloon sleeve version in a thick sweatshirting fabric. For quantities, please refer to the pattern packet images as there are many construction options to choose from.