If you want to swoosh around in effortless (and mega comfy) style, then meet Lyra, your new best friend! This ultra-cool shirt dress has an oversized, blousy bodice with bust darts, button front opening, two-piece collar and stand, and, of course, side seam pockets. The gathered skirt can be hemmed just above the knee, or add the midi panel for a trendy tiered look.
Choose between short sleeves for easy-breezy summer style or full length billowy sleeves with elasticated cuffs. Wear Lyra loose and floaty, or add an optional narrow tie to cinch you in at the waist. Endlessly versatile, pick a cooling cotton for the heat, cosy needlecord for the winter or a drapey viscose for added swish!
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full-scale pattern sheets and a colour guide with step-by-step photo instructions.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light to medium-weight woven fabrics, such as cotton lawn, voile, seersucker, chambray, double gauze, viscose (rayon), Tencel, lighter weight needlecord.
- Fabric – See sizing chart. Dress comes in both a knee-length and midi-length option with a choice of short sleeve or long sleeve so fabric varies depending on the style you wish to make.
- Matching thread
- 0.5m (5/8 yds) interfacing
- 5 x 12-15mm (1/2 - 5/8in) Buttons
- Sewing machine and basic tools including a buttonhole foot
- *For the long sleeve version* - Your wrist measurement x 2 in 10mm (3/8in) elastic, plus two safety pins.